Wednesday, March 25, 2009

kids say the darndest things!

"Who do you think you are?!"
"Nobody"

That was one of the interesting things that came out of my mouth as a child! I had taken some gum from the ashtray in our van and I was caught...my mom DID NOT like that one bit... But what makes it so great was my mom ended up not getting mad because I made her laugh! :D

Sometimes as adults, we say the darndest things too... for example, as posted before, I am a leader for our youth group drama team (e.drama) with Angie. Well, Angie and I try to make it a point to get together at least once a week in addition to practices to iron out "leader" details! (We've become pretty good friends thru this as well). Well, one day we decided to meet over dinner at Green Mill. We were trying to figure out exactly what we wanted to line up for our Fine Arts deal and we had paperwork and folders everywhere while trying to juggle the plates and bread basket and drinks as well!
Angie looked at me and said "I want to take advantage of Mike and Matt" then she continued to rustle thru some of her papers. I just stared at her and started laughing! Now, she didn't literally mean "take advantage" of them (get your head out of the gutter! But she did mean to take advantage of the fact that they are twins! (Identical in fact) and we could use that for a really neat human video!
Adults say the darndest things!

SO where WAS I going with this? Oh yeah! I was going to update on a few unfinished trains of thought from previous blogs!
I had been writing about my dizzy spells and all the testing involved with that, as well as my sinus surgery...
The surgery went well! AND I haven't had any dizzy spells since! I did get medicine stomach and was out sick for a week after the surgery but I haven't had a single sinus infection in 3 months! (Seriously, I think that's a record!)

As a re-read that whole above part, I realized that the story really doesn't co-incide too well with what I actually wrote about. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment