Monday, March 23, 2009

one blustery day


"A blustery day" sounds like something out of a Winnie the Pooh story huh?


Well, I definitely felt like Piglet about to be blown away in the wind yesterday afternoon at the same time as being swept away by my handsome new beau!


Let me back up. Trevor and I met in high school. He saw me first when I was in my high school's rendition of "Grease." I guess I just looked so darn cute up there in my little gray sweater and plaid 50's style skirt that he said he was immediately attracted to me! (one, two, three..."awwww")


Well, just because he liked me doesn't mean anything happened. In fact, he was so shy and a little intimidated by me, that the way he acted around me made me think he hated me! I remember one day after school had just gotten out for the day, I was hyper and standing by the doors with a bunch of friends outside of the music pod. Trevor came out of the music pod and as he walked by my friends and me, I stepped out and put my hand up and said "HIGH FIVE!" Well, truth be told, he paused, looked at me, looked at my hand, and took off. He TOTALLY left me hanging! So you can see where I thought he didn't like me!


Anywho, we continued at school together. We were chemistry lab partners as well as sat at the same table at lunch. We got to know each other pretty well, but I thought I just annoyed him still...



Well, as luck (or God) would have it, I started working at the Holiday Inn Conference Center last May. Guess who works in the kitchen as a cook for the Green Mill? Yep, Trevor.


It was awkward at first for us to start talking again, but two weeks ago, he asked my dad if he could date me....my dad said since we had known each other so long (4 1/2 years by now) and as long as he treated me respectfully, he could ask me....well of course I said yes!!
SO! Yesterday my little sister tagged along with us as we goofed around at Robins Island Park in Willmar and she took pictures of us. I played around with some of them today, and these are a few of my favorites!



No comments:

Post a Comment