Thursday, April 30, 2009

Oh "Mother" Where Art Thou?

Saturday night was when we got back from Fine Arts and I immediately went from taking care of 19 teenagers to 4 kids... I can honestly tell you they're about the same amount of work!

So two weeks ago I got a call from a guy at church. He and his wife had won a cruise to the Bahamas (rough life right there for ya!) but they needed someone to watch their 4 kids (ages 5 to 13) for a week. I told them I work during the day, but I can definitely do evenings and spend the night if needed. They were very happy with that because as it turns out, the husband's sister could watch them during the day but not nights!

Last Tuesday I went over to their house for the "grand tour" and rules and any questions I may have to be answered. The two things they really stressed where: 1. they LOVE to tattle on each other and 2. they will try everything and anything in their power to get the password for the dish for "restricted" shows.

Since starting Saturday I have found out 3 things: 1. they LOVE to tattle on each other, 2. they will try everything and anything in their power to get the password for the dish "restricted" shows, and 3. they each have such unique personalities it CRACKS ME UP!

Crystal is 13 and a HUGE help with the other kids! She gets to stay up later than the other kids so we'll usually spend that last hour or so of the day hanging out and watching movies and talking. She's probably the biggest threat to the password on the dish tho. She's tried "don't you trust me?" of course my response is "I do. I just need to respect your parents' wishes and do what they asked: not give any of you kids the password." Well, she was able to get the password changed to numbers she knew because her aunt gave in! (I changed it to a whole new password this morning before heading to work tho which upset her a little...).

David is in the 4th grade. He is the immaculate little angel! He's not usually up by the time I leave, but he was this morning! He had his bed made and clothes on and pj's put away! He also LOVES to tell the truth...even about things that really aren't relevant to what you're talking about!

Daniel is in his own little world at the age of 7. He is so funny cause he mumbles so I can't understand him, but it's more he likes to hear his own voice. He's really low maintenance and just loves his transformers and tv shows! This morning he made me really uncomfortable tho...in a funny way! I was fully dressed and doing my makeup and hair in the bathroom when he comes in, obviously just woken up. Here's our conversation:
Me: Good morning Daniel! Do you need something? (usually he just goes into the family room and turns on the tv till breakfast)
Dan: Nope *(he goes to the toilet)* I just have to go to the bathroom.
Me: Well, I'll be done soon but otherwise you can use the other bathroom...
Dan:*(by the time the words leave my lips, he's pulled down his pants and sat on the toilet) That's ok, I'm almost done.
Me: *(a little embarrassed and looking the other way) Well, I'll just step out for a sec...

LOL! I'm glad I can laugh about that now cause that was awkward!!!

The youngest of the 4 is Violette, but everyone calls her "V" She's adorable! She's 5 years old and VERY opinionated. She has this gorgeous long CURLY hair and is constantly following me around asking what I'm doing and telling me little stories. She is also the biggest tattle of them all. If Dan's foot happens to brush against her stuffed kitty, I will know within seconds! I calmly tell her he wasn't trying to hurt kitty at all, and it was an accident.

So there you have it. My "kids" for the week! It's been fun and I've gotten to know them all lots better. I'm just looking forward to a nice afternoon after work where we can do something instead of being cooped up cause it's rainy!

No comments:

Post a Comment